This section describes the various types of computer accounts available
within the CS department (and beyond), how to get them, and what the
A NetID is required for a CS account. Please obtain a NetID via Duke's
tool before attempting to request a CS account. Access to the online account forms
is restricted via NetID authentication.
- About C.S. Computer Accounts
- User Introduction (PDF)
- Information for new users.
- Closing Procedure
- Information for graduating students and other department
members who are leaving.
- Academic Term Accounts
- These are special, short-term accounts for UTA's, people
taking a C.S. course, etc.; they are intended to correspond to
an academic term or semester.
- Computer Account Online Form
- This is the form to use for ``regular'' computer accounts; ie,
not term accounts (see above). A paper version is also
available, and can be obtained from the C.S. Lab Staff.
- Expiration Management for Account Sponsors
- Account sponsors may update the expiration dates for the accounts
that they sponsor.
- Availability of Other C.S. Computer Accounts
- Some computers in C.S. are owned and managed by individuals or
research groups, and access to these machines are controlled by these
individuals or groups; for access, please consult the appropriate
- OIT Computer Accounts: NetID
- The Duke Office of
Information Technology (OIT) manages campus-wide computer
resources and services as well as various computer clusters
around campus. (For historical reasons, these facilities are
also referred to as ACPUB.) Students, faculty, and
staff are all automatically provided access to these facilities
via issuance of a NetID upon enrollment or employment. If for
some reason you do not have a NetID, please see the OIT NetID