Professor of Computer Science, Professor of Economics, Professor of Philosophy, Kimberly J. Jenkins University Professor of New Technologies, Associate of the Duke Initiative for Science & Society, Bass Fellow
Faculty Group: Artificial Intelligence
Ph.D., Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, 2006
M.S., Computer Science, Carnegie Mellon University, 2003
A.B., Applied Mathematics, Harvard University, 2001
Honors & Awards
Guggenheim Fellowship, 2015
Social Choice and Welfare Prize, 2014
Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers (PECASE), 2011
IJCAI Computers and Thought Award, 2011
IEEE Intelligent Systems' "AI's Ten to Watch", 2011
NSF CAREER Award, 2010
AAAI Outstanding Paper Award, 2008
AAMAS Pragnesh Jay Modi Best Student Paper Award (co-author), 2008
Alfred P. Sloan Research Fellowship, 2008
ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award Honorable Mention, 2007
IFAAMAS Victor Lesser Distinguished Dissertation Award, 2007
Best Program Committee Member Award, AAMAS 2006
IBM Ph.D. Fellow, 2005/2006
10th place, silver medalist, ACM Collegiate Programming Contest WorldFinals, 2001.
- Vincent Conitzer. Computing Game-Theoretic Solutions and Applications to Security. In Proceedings of the 26th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence(AAAI-12), Toronto, ON, Canada, 2011.
- Bo Waggoner, Lirong Xia, and Vincent Conitzer. Evaluating Resistance to False-Name Manipulations in Elections. In Proceedings of the 26th National Conference on Artificial Intelligence (AAAI-12), Toronto, ON, Canada, 2011.
- Mingyu Guo and Vincent Conitzer. Worst-Case Optimal Redistribution of VCG Payments in Multi-Unit Auctions. Games and Economic Behavior, Volume 67, Issue 1, 2009, pp. 69-98. Early version in EC-07.
- Vincent Conitzer and Tuomas Sandholm. New Complexity Results about Nash Equilibria.Games and Economic Behavior, Volume 63, Issue 2, 2008, pp.621-641. Early version in IJCAI-03.
- Vincent Conitzer, Tuomas Sandholm, and Jerome Lang. When Are Elections with Few Candidates Hard to Manipulate? Journal of the ACM, Volume 54, Issue 3, June2 007, Article14, pp. 1-33. Early versions in AAAI-02 and TARK-03.
Extended List of Publications
Publications by Vincent Conitzer