Alvin R. Lebeck
Professor of Computer Science, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Faculty Group: Systems & Architecture
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin at Madison 1995
M.S., University of Wisconsin at Madison 1991
B.S., University of Wisconsin at Madison 1989
Honors & Awards
IEEE Fellow 2017
Best Paper. 6th International Workshop on Network on Chip Architectures. December 2013
IEEE MICRO Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences . IEEE. 2010
IEEE MICRO Top Picks from Computer Architecture Conferences . IEEE. 2009
Best Paper. 31st Annual ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Microarchitecture. November 1998
NSF CAREER. National Science Foundation. 1997
I carry out research in the general area of computer architecture, but I have interests in nearly all computer systems related topics. My research spans from atoms to applications.
- Managing Tail Latency in Datacenter-Scale File Systems Under Production Constraints, Pulkit A. Misra, Mari?a F. Borge, I?n?igo Goiri, Alvin R. Lebeck, Willy Zwaenepoel, Ricardo Bianchini, Proceedings of EuroSys 2019, March 2019.
- Architecting a Stochastic Computing Unit with Molecular Optical Devices, Xiangyu Zhang, Ramin Bashizade, Craig D. LaBoda, Chris Dwyer, Alvin R. Lebeck, Proceedings of the 43rd International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), June 2018.
- SandTrap: Tracking Information Flows On Demand with Parallel Permissions, Ali Razeen, Alvin R. Lebeck, David Liu, Alexander Meijer, Valentin Pistol, Landon P. Cox, Proceedings of the 16th ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (MobiSys), June 2018.
- Exploiting Dark Fluorophore States to Implement Resonance Energy Transfer Pre-Charge Logic, Craig LaBoda, Chris Dwyer, Alvin R. Lebeck, IEEE Micro. Vol 37, No.4. pages 52-62, 2017
- Enabling Lightweight Transactions with Precision Time, Pulkit Misra, Jeffrey S. Chase, Johannes Gehrke, Alvin R. Lebeck, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS ?17), April 2017
- Accelerating Markov Random Field Inference using Molecular Optical Gibbs Sampling Units, Siyang Wang, Xiangyu Zhang, Yuxuan Li, Ramin Bashizade, Song Yang, Chris Dwyer, Alvin R. Lebeck, Proceedings of the 43rd International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA), pages 558-569, June 2016. Selected for IEEE Top Picks 2016 Honorable Mention
Extended List of Publications
Publications by Alvin R. Lebeck