John H. Reif
A. Hollis Edens Distinguished Professor of Computer Science, Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering
Faculty Group: Algorithms
Ph.D., Harvard University, 1977
B.S., Tufts University, 1973
Honors & Awards
Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 2003; Fellow, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 1997; Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 1993; Fellow, Institute of Combinatorics and its Applications, 1991.
Molecular Computation (DNA nanostructure self-assembly, DNA computation, molecular robotics).Algorithms (parallel algorithms, randomized algorithms, graph algorithms, algebraic algorithms, robot motion planning algorithms, data compression algorithms).Complexity Theory (complexity of robot motion planning and of games of incomplete knowledge).Optics (optical computation and solar concentrators).Quantum Computation (quantum sensing and compression).
Research Initiative: Biological Computing & Nanotechnologies
- Hieu Bui, Shalin Shah, Reem Mokhtar, Tianqi Song, Sudhanshu Garg, John Reif, Localized DNA Hybridization Chain Reactions on DNA Origami, ACS Nano (January 22, 2018). DOI: 10.1021/acsnano.7b06699
- Tianqi Song, Sudhanshu Garg, Hieu Bui, Reem Mokhtar, and John H. Reif, Analog Computation by DNA Strand Displacement Circuits, ACS Synthetic Biology, 5, 898?912 (July, 2016). DOI: 10.1021/acssynbio.6b00144
- Tianqi Song, Sudhanshu Garg, Hieu Bui, Reem Mokhtar, and John H Reif, Design and Analysis of Compact DNA Strand Displacement Circuits for Analog Computation Using Autocatalytic Amplifiers, ACS Synthetic Biology (Dec 2017). DOI: 10.1021/acssynbio.6b00390
- Peng Yin, Rizal F. Hariadi, Sudheer Sahu, Harry M.T.Choi, Sung Ha Park, Thomas H. LaBean, John H. Reif, Programming DNA Tube Circumferences, Science, Vol. 321. no. 5890, pp. 824?826 (August 8, 2008).
- Peng Yin, Hao Yan, Xiaoju G. Daniel, Andrew J. Turberfield, John H. Reif, A Unidirectional DNA Walker Moving Autonomously Along a Linear Track, Angewandte Chemie [International Edition], Volume 43, Number 37, Sept. 20, 2004, pp. 4906-4911
Extended List of Publications
Publications by John H. Reif