Associate Professor of Computer Science
Faculty Group: Algorithms
Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2012
M.E., Indian Institute of Science, 2006
B.E., Jadavpur University, 2004
Honors & Awards
- MIT Presidential Fellow, 2007
- Indian Institute of Science:
- Motorola Medal for best M.E./M.Tech. student at the institute, 2006
- H R Babu Seetharam Medal for best thesis in the Electrical Sciences Division, 2006
- Computer Society of India (Bangalore Chapter) Medal for best M.E. student in the CSA department, 2006
- Dr B C Roy Memorial Medal for standing first in the faculty of engineering, 2004
- University Medal for standing first in the CSE department, 2004
Algorithms (theory and applications)
- Aranyak Mehta, Debmalya Panigrahi. Online Matching with Stochastic Rewards. IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS), 2012.
- Debmalya Panigrahi, Atish Das Sarma, Gagan Aggarwal, Andrew Tomkins. Online Selection of Diverse Results. ACM International Conference on Web Search and Data Mining (WSDM), 2012.
- Wai Shing Fung, Ramesh Hariharan, Nicholas J. A. Harvey, Debmalya Panigrahi. A General Framework for Graph Sparsification. ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC), 2011.
- Joseph (Seffi) Naor, Debmalya Panigrahi, Mohit Singh. Online Node-weighted Steiner Tree and Related Problems. IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science (FOCS), 2011.
- Anand Bhalgat, Ramesh Hariharan, Telikepalli Kavitha, Debmalya Panigrahi. An ?(mn) Gomory-Hu tree construction algorithm for unweighted graphs. ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing (STOC), 2007.