Thomas H. LaBean
Adjunct Professor of Computer Science, Duke University; Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, North Carolina State University
Faculty Group: Algorithms
Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 1993
B.S., Honors College, Michigan State University, 1986
DNA-based computing; self-assembling nanostructures; biologically-inspired materials; biomolecular structure, engineering, and evolution.
- D. Sebba, J.J. Mock, D.R. Smith, T.H. LaBean & A.A. Lazarides (2008) Reconfigurable Core-Satellite Nanoassemblies as Molecularly-Driven Plasmonic Switches, Nano Letters 8, 1803-1808.
- S.-H. Park, G. Finkelstein, and T.H. LaBean (2008) Stepwise Assembly of DNA Tile Lattices using dsDNA Bridges, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 130, 40-41.
- T. LaBean & H. Li (2007) Using DNA for Construction of Novel Materials, Nano Today, 2, 26-35.
- S-H. Park, R. Barish, H. Li, J.H. Reif , G. Finkelstein , H. Yan, and T.H. LaBean (2005) Three-Helix Bundle DNA Tiles Self-assemble into 2D Lattice or 1D Templates for Silver Nanowires. Nano Letters 5, 693-696.
- H. Yan, S.H. Park, G. Finkelstein, J.H. Reif, and T.H. LaBean (2003) DNA-Templated Self-Assembly of Protein Arrays and Highly Conductive Nanowires. Science 301, 1882-1884.
Extended List of Publications
Publications by Thomas H. LaBean