CompSci 94 - Classwork 5 - Sept. 10, 2013
Today's classwork goes along with Chapter 2, section 2 and Tips and
The following three worlds need to be checked off when you have completed
all of them.
- World 1: Build a snowman world for the following story.
- The scene has a snowman and two snowwomen. The snowman tries to get
the snowwoman's attention by calling to her. She turns to face him, he
blinks, she blushes (face turns red) and she turns back.
He hangs his head and turns away.
- As part of the story you must change the camera views to 1) the snowman,
2) to one or both snowwomen and 3) to the original position.
First remember to drop a dummy camera (tripod) in the original position
once you have placed all three snowpeople. Then pick your other
two camera positions. Don't move your snowpeople after setting up your
Before when we changed camera views we did one'shot changes that happened
instantly. Now we want the camera view to change during the animation.
To change the camera view during the animation, drag in the
camera "set point of view to" method into myFirstMethod and choose
one of the dummy camera
- World 2: Check out Tips and Techniques 2 (the last part of chapter 2)
to see how to do some of the things in this world.
Create a new world with
grass template called movement.a2w.
Add a horse, a chicken and a
helicopter, a monkey and a toyball (under sports folder)
to the world and do the following.
- After adding all the objects, drop a dummy camera and save the original
- Place the chicken on the horse's back.
- Using the vehicle property, make the horse a vehicle for the
- Place the helicopter behind the horse, on the ground and to the right side of the window.
- Move the monkey and toyball to the left off screen and turn the camera
to face them. You should not be able to see the rest of the objects.
- Place the monkey on top of the ball so they are facing the
same direction (see tips and techniques 2) with room to move forward.
Drop a dummy camera here and name it "monkeyPosition".
Your animation should start in this position.
- ANIMATION - ADD CODE NOW
- Add code to get the monkey and the ball
to move forward together (The ball does not roll, just moves without
rolling. We will learn later how to get the ball to roll).
Make sure the ball is facing the right way. How do you tell?
- Add code to move the camera back to the original position, so it can
see the chicken on the horse and the helicopter.
- Have the horse and chicken move forward together 2 meters,
a quarter (.25) of a revolution and then move forward off the screen.
- After the horse and chicken are out of sight, have the helicopter
do the following steps in order. (see the book on how to do this)
- Do at the same time: roll right 0.05 revolutions and move up one meter.
- Do at the same time: roll left 0.05 revolutions and move up one meter.
- Zoom off out of sight.
- World 3: Start the world with water background and add in
an island and a fish.
The fish should be in front of the island half out of the water so
you can see it well. You may have to resize the fish larger so you can
see it better. Save this world with the name IslandFish.a2w.
Implement the following story.
- Have the fish turn around in a circle in front of the island.
- Have the fish circle the island once (use "turn" and "as seen by" the
island - click on "more" to get the "as seen by"). Make sure the fish
is pointing the right direction. It shouldn't swim sideways!
- Have the fish jump out of the water and dive back into the water.