CSL: Checklist for closing your account
This document describes the steps a user should take before
their CS computer account is closed.
- Please archive any files that you need to keep by copying them
to storage media (disk, tape, CD, DVD, etc) or to another computer
system before the closing date of your account.
- If you have subscribed to any e-mailing lists through
your CS account, please be sure to change your subscriptions or
unsubscribe from these lists before your account is closed.
- If you have created files outside
of your home directory (e.g. project or temporary space), please arrange
for these files to either be deleted or have their ownership changed.
- If you have an e-mail forwarding address, please add it to a
file named forward-email in the top level of your
home directory, and the Lab Staff will arrange that anyone who sends
e-mail to your CS account will receive a notification of your
- Please clean out your e-mail Inbox.
If you have any questions about closing your account or copying
your files prior to closing, please contact
the Lab Staff.