Choose a category above to view topics or enter terms in the box
below to search only the CS Lab FAQs and other documentation.
If you have any comments, corrections, or suggestions, please
contact the Lab Staff.
Remote access options
Common security issues
Controlling access to web material
- Understanding the operation and use
of Duke's search engine.
- A primer on htaccess files, the
basis for access control on the web.
- Using basic authentication, the most
flexible method, allowing access for non-Duke-affiliated users, but the most
- Using Shibboleth, which allows easy
access to any Duke-affiliated person, with little management required.
- Using Webauth, a deprecated protocol,
similar to Shibboleth, and still required for some legacy operations.