Spam filtering using Eudora
Users of the
mail client can automatically filter e-mails from their e-mail INBOX
that have been processed by the Lab's Spamassassin
installation. To do this, you will need to add a filter rule to look
for the X-Spam-Flag header; based on matches to this rule,
you can delete, mark or move the spam to a separate folder.
- Go to the
the Filters window.
- To add a new filter, click NEW.
- Select the option to Match Incoming messages.
- In the Header: field type in X-Spam-Flag.
- The next drop-down field should have the word contains.
- In the field to the right of the word contains type in YES
(case is important).
- Under Action, move the mouse over the arrow next to None
and click. (Not all actions are available in the free version of Eudora).
- When you do this a field with the word In will appear.
- Click on In and select New...
- Enter a name for the new mailbox to which your messages
will be filtered.
For more information on setting up Eudora see the following web page
located at Qualcomm:
If you have any questions please contact
the Lab Staff.